please remove rpmlint-0.84.2 packages

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Sep 10 19:15:48 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Hello
>
>     It looks I made an error once again :(
>     Please remove the rpmlint-0.84-2.el[4,5] packages from EL-4/testing
> and EL-5/testing. The binaries are OK, but the changelog is wrong
> because I forgot to re-tag after updating the spec in CVS. I have just
> rebuilt the packages using 0.84-2.el[4,5].1
>
>     Sorry for the mess and my sincere apologies to Ville Skyta.

If you've tested and found the binaries working with EL's python, I don't have
a problem with having my name in the changelog even if I did not push these
updates to EPEL (testing), rpmlint 0.84 is "old" and tested enough release
for that.

Things that I have reacted to earlier have been cases of pushing bleeding edge
packages with my name in the changelog towards EL before even Fedora
updates-testing or Rawhide users have had a reasonable chance to test them.