pexepct is in RHEL and should be dropped from EPEL

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 22 22:47:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I agree on coordination however re-using a spec cannot be called
> stealing by any means.

How else would you call stealing then? A Red Hat employee has grabbed
my package and used it for RHEL - so far, so good.

Nobody knows, whether this pexpect package from RHEL really works or
whether it maybe is screwed up. And according to the RPM %changelog
section, the last guy touching that package was me - that's wrong. So
if somebody else touches one of my packages, the %changelog must be
updated to reflect this. And if the pexpect package in RHEL is maybe
fscked up, it indirectly blames me when somebody is then looking to
%changelog while the Red Hat pexpect downstream package maintainer is
responsible for that problem.

As long as %changelog is not updated accordingly if somebody else is
grabbing my package and maybe putting it somewhere else, I will call
such actions stealing - independent whether it is our biggest sponsor
or not.

Greetings,
  Robert