current orphan packages in EPEL

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jul 9 22:17:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 04:48:29 pm Adam Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Dennis Gilmore<dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> > yum  the big difference between RHEL-4 and CentOS-4 is up2date vs yum
> >
> > Dennis

> I'm currently getting info from centos-devel list about why yum is
> part of CentOS4 when its not in RHEL4. I think the deviation of
> Enterprise Linux, which is what we package extra packages for, is no
> grounds for us being concerned with our update/development model....
> Just my opinion.

They used yum because it was easier and more flexible than up2date.  we ship
yum and sqlite for cobbler but keep the versions less that what is in CentOS.
so that epel customers dont need to worry about our version replacing the
CentOS one.

I know that I personally use CentOS  as i'm sure most of the EPEL developers
do.   mock in epel ships with configs  pointing to CentOS for developers to
build against.

Dennis