New git in EPEL?

Josh Kayse josh.kayse at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 10 17:18:01 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 10:12 AM, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> Did this upgrade ever happen?  I know a few units within my $DAYJOB
> would like to see an update.
>
> stahnma

The maintainers were waiting to see what would happen with RHEL6 and
git.  RHEL6 Beta 1 shipped with git 1.6.X but git 1.7.X was recently
released so we were trying to get RHEL6 upgraded to git 1.7.X.  We
didn't want to provide a newer package in EPEL5 than that in RHEL6 but
as of today they RHEL6 will include git-1.7.1.

tmz has a testing repo set up that has a build of git 1.7 if anyone
wants to give it a try.

http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/packages/epel/5/

I'll let tmz add comments, I'm just bumping to help out.

-josh