EPEL6 When to go out of Beta?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:41:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 22:38, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:22:58 -0600
> Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
>
>> > b) 1 month after RHEL6 was released.
>>
>> Is there a particular reason to wait?  Is specific additional testing
>> being done, with results being used to determine overall status?
>
> No, but now the final list of available packages is known and versions,
> so people can decide what EPEL version of something they can build and
> support for the next 7 years. Some packages, like fftw were in limbo or
> not available, so now those folks that needed that package can build
> out their apps.

After doing this for 4 years.. I think that for the small number of
people we have the idea that we can support without resources packages
for 7 years without major updates is wishful thinking. We have a ton
of packages that get updated almost as much as rawhide already :/.

However that is really a different topic and I am a grumpy old man
with bursitis at the moment.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren