xrootd-devel and missing header files

Steve Traylen steve.traylen at cern.ch
Thu Jan 27 09:16:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Cristina Aiftimiei <caifti at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I apologies if it's the wrong place for making such questions. Please let
> me know if I have to contact somone else or in a different matter.

Hi Christina,

 Best is to submit a bug to redhat's bugzilla, you can take a short cut to
correct page using the link on this page:

 https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/xrootd

 I'm fairly sure you have to register with Redhat's bugzilla once there.

> Our project is starting to make intensive use of EPEL packages, so our
> developers are trying to adapt their software to what is provided in the
> EPEL repository.

Good.

> In the last days one of our groups need the:
>
> - XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh.
> - XrdCms/XrdCmsXmiReq.hh
>
> That said the files are here:

/usr/include/xrootd/XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh

but this may still be a bug of course due to your comment below.

> file and those files are not provided by the xrootd-devel package (
> xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5)<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5.x86_64.rpm>,
> as expected by the developers.
> More than this the xrootd-devl il providing the XrdCms/XrdCmsXmi.hh that
> contains:
> #include "XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh"
>
> that means including a file that doesn't exist, or at least I'm seeing it
> like this, sorry if I'm wrong.
>
> Is there a reason that those headers are missing from the xrootd-devl, and
> is there a way to include them?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Cristina

Steve Traylen