[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler 0.4.7, Koan 0.2.9 released

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 20:18:05 UTC 2007

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>
>> Cobbler 0.4.7 also includes numerous improvements to the way it
>> handles mirroring of yum repositories ("cobbler repo add", "cobbler
>> reposync"), to ensure proper cleanup when yum is aborted.   Basically
>> this is just housekeeping but it makes
>> the repo management features much more reliable.
>
> i did this on my setup sometime back.. cobbler is 0.4.7 on a centos
> 4.4 i386 box and delme is a mounted centos5 dvd iso. Also a RPM
> upgrade ought to '/etc/init.d/cobbler_syslogd stop' and it no longer
> is supposed to exist post upgrade.

Probably.   Preun could no doubt check for existance of cobbler_syslogd
prior to stopping it.  I didn't want to have that live in the spec file
forever, but that might be the correct thing to do.

> cobbler import --mirror=delme --name=centos5_x86_64
>
> While the rest worked as expected, i thought this ought minor warning
> be brought to your attention..
>
> - createrepo --basedir / --groupfile
> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5_x86_64/repodata/comps.xml
> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5_x86_64
> Options Error: option --basedir not recognized.
>
>     createrepo [options] directory-of-packages

>      -u, --baseurl = optional base url location for all files
>      -x, --exclude = files globs to exclude, can be specified multiple
> times
>      -q, --quiet = run quietly
>      -g, --groupfile <filename> to point to for group information
> (precreated)
>      -v, --verbose = run verbosely
>      -c, --cachedir <dir> = specify which dir to use for the checksum
> cache
>      -h, --help = show this help
>      -V, --version = output version
>      -p, --pretty = output xml files in pretty format.

Yup, this option has apparently been removed, I assume this applies to
FC7 as well.   It's available in FC6 and IIRC, RHEL 5.    I'll see what
happens without it and make changes accordingly.

Thanks.