[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler 0.4.7, Koan 0.2.9 released

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Wed Apr 25 12:26:22 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>>>
>>> Cobbler 0.4.7 also includes numerous improvements to the way it
>>> handles mirroring of yum repositories ("cobbler repo add", "cobbler
>>> reposync"), to ensure proper cleanup when yum is aborted.   Basically
>>> this is just housekeeping but it makes
>>> the repo management features much more reliable.
>>
>> i did this on my setup sometime back.. cobbler is 0.4.7 on a centos
>> 4.4 i386 box and delme is a mounted centos5 dvd iso. Also a RPM
>> upgrade ought to '/etc/init.d/cobbler_syslogd stop' and it no longer
>> is supposed to exist post upgrade.
>
> Probably.   Preun could no doubt check for existance of cobbler_syslogd
> prior to stopping it.  I didn't want to have that live in the spec file
> forever, but that might be the correct thing to do.

unnecessary baggage in the spec file.. ;-) makes sense to not include it
in the long run..

>> cobbler import --mirror=delme --name=centos5_x86_64
>>
>> While the rest worked as expected, i thought this ought minor warning
>> be brought to your attention..
>>
>> - createrepo --basedir / --groupfile
>> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5_x86_64/repodata/comps.xml
>> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/centos5_x86_64
>> Options Error: option --basedir not recognized.
>>
>>     createrepo [options] directory-of-packages

>>      -u, --baseurl = optional base url location for all files
>>      -x, --exclude = files globs to exclude, can be specified multiple
>> times
>>      -q, --quiet = run quietly
>>      -g, --groupfile <filename> to point to for group information
>> (precreated)
>>      -v, --verbose = run verbosely
>>      -c, --cachedir <dir> = specify which dir to use for the checksum
>> cache
>>      -h, --help = show this help
>>      -V, --version = output version
>>      -p, --pretty = output xml files in pretty format.
>>
> Yup, this option has apparently been removed, I assume this applies to
> FC7 as well.   It's available in FC6 and IIRC, RHEL 5.    I'll see what
> happens without it and make changes accordingly.

I am already falling short of space on the current server and am going
to upgrade to better hardware mostly running centos5. Will keep you
posted if anything troublesome crops up.. meanwhile, thanks for your
efforts.

On a side note, i recently started using the cheetah template feature
and it already looks quite impressive though i still have 8 different
kickstart files.. that i need to roll into one.