[et-mgmt-tools] Question about installation by using NFS on virt-install.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 13:31:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 07:30:21PM +0900, Takahashi Tomohiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a problem of installation by using NFS on virt-install.
> It seems to stop during the installation and stopped
> in the timing shown in the attached file, when I installed.
>
> It occers following packages.
> libvirt-0.2.2-1.fc7
> python-virtinst-0.103.0-2.fc7
> libvirt-python-0.2.2-1.fc7
> virt-manager-0.4.0-1.fc7
>
> Does virt-install support NFS installation ?

Yes, NFS is fully supported. From the looks of that screenshot your
guest install is already part way through installing the RPMs. So
at that point, virt-install has basically done all the bits it needs
to do. So any hang in the guest as this point, has a couple of
possible causes a. hypervisor bug b. guest OS installer bug c. not
enough memory given to guest OS

What guest OS were you installing & how much RAM was it given ?

Regards,
Dan.