[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler system add

Peter Wright wright at imageworks.com
Fri Aug 10 16:57:10 UTC 2007

drew einhorn wrote:

> After the VM boots, it complains about an Error Downloading Kickstart
> file.
> The url it gives me to tweak is the correct url, checking with a
> browser I
> see the kickstart is where it's supposed to be.
>
> Ctl-Alt-F3 to look at the log, there's the problem:
>
> 10:18:44 INFO    :  getting kickstart file
> 10:18:44 ERROR  : no network device in choose network device
> 10:18:44:ERROR  : no network drivers for doing kickstart
> 10:18:44:ERROR  : unable to bring up network

the driver error sounds like an issue with the vmlinuz/initrd.img you
are using.  do these kernels find the divers for your NIC's when booting
w/o cobbler (like booting from CD and loading your kickstart from a USB
keychain for example)?  if your kickstart is setup to do a network
install (NFS for example) you'll know very quickly if your kernel +
initrd has the correct drivers ;)

-pete

--
Peter Wright