[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler version

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 11:24:51 UTC 2007

Debbie Mazurek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am only seeing cobbler-0.4.8-1 on the epel-testing mirrors.
> Should 0.6 be there, or is it only available as a src.rpm?  Or, is there
> another yum repo out there with it?
>
> thanks,
>
> dm

I asked about this last night, and EPEL hasn't done a push yet.   Once
that happens, 0.6.0 will be in
both EL 4 and EL 5.

Rebuilding the source RPM should be fine, though you'll likely have to
find a few dependencies -- which you can
get from EPEL.

Sidenote:  I believe EPEL-4 is still waiting for the inclusion of yum
and yum-utils in EPEL4 (ETA: soon), so cobbler won't
move into EL 4 "non-testing" until yum-utils is part of EL4.   Cobbler
requires yum-utils as a dependency
for the repo management features.   This isn't an issue for EL5.