[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler version

Debbie Mazurek mazurekd at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Aug 15 18:41:05 UTC 2007

> I asked about this last night, and EPEL hasn't done a push yet.   Once
> that happens, 0.6.0 will be in
> both EL 4 and EL 5.
>
> Rebuilding the source RPM should be fine, though you'll likely have to
> find a few dependencies -- which you can
> get from EPEL.
>
> Sidenote:  I believe EPEL-4 is still waiting for the inclusion of yum
> and yum-utils in EPEL4 (ETA: soon), so cobbler won't
> move into EL 4 "non-testing" until yum-utils is part of EL4.   Cobbler
> requires yum-utils as a dependency
> for the repo management features.   This isn't an issue for EL5.

OK, thanks for the info. This is for EL4.
I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out the deps for cheetah,
but that for sure is not a cobbler problem.

Also, is there a minimum or specific version of yum and yum-utils that
cobbler-0.6 needs?  I didn't see anything in cobbler's spec file.

d e b b i e   m a z u r e k                 mazurekd at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary