[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler version

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Aug 15 20:16:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 12:41:05PM -0600, Debbie Mazurek enlightened us:
> > I asked about this last night, and EPEL hasn't done a push yet.   Once
> > that happens, 0.6.0 will be in
> > both EL 4 and EL 5.
> >
> > Rebuilding the source RPM should be fine, though you'll likely have to
> > find a few dependencies -- which you can
> > get from EPEL.
> >
> > Sidenote:  I believe EPEL-4 is still waiting for the inclusion of yum
> > and yum-utils in EPEL4 (ETA: soon), so cobbler won't
> > move into EL 4 "non-testing" until yum-utils is part of EL4.   Cobbler
> > requires yum-utils as a dependency
> > for the repo management features.   This isn't an issue for EL5.
> >

> OK, thanks for the info. This is for EL4.
> I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out the deps for cheetah,
> but that for sure is not a cobbler problem.

http://www.math.ohiou.edu/pub/casit/et-tools/

I've pretty much got everything for EL4 in there, and what I have is in the
process of being moved into the CentOS distribution system. We're still
working out some details there of how that will happen, but it will happen :-)

> Also, is there a minimum or specific version of yum and yum-utils that
> cobbler-0.6 needs?  I didn't see anything in cobbler's spec file.

I use the latest from CentOS and it works just fine.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics