[et-mgmt-tools] ANNOUNCE: virt-viewer release 0.0.1

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 14:10:52 UTC 2007

  Hi,

> To connect to the guest with ID 7 running under QEMU
>
>    virt-viewer --connect qemu:///system 7

Can we *please* think about a standardized environment variable to set
the default for --connect and which all tools are looking at?

virsh has VIRSH_DEFAULT_CONNECT_URI for that.

I'd like to have *one* variable used by *all* libvirt-based tools,
virt-viewer, virt-manager, virsh, ...  We could simply reuse the virsh
variable, or we could pick some other name without virsh in there,
preferable also shorter and thus easier to remember.  VIRT_URI maybe?

cheers,
  Gerd