[et-mgmt-tools] Re: Cobbler Check fails: ImportError: No modulenamed cobbler.cobbler

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 15:14:53 UTC 2007

Goodman, Roger L CTR JCS J8/SAMD wrote:
> Michael,
> 	Regarding your questions, I downloaded a file called cobbler-0.6.0.tar.gz from the website http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/ .  I extracted it, ran some kind of a build command, to end up with cobbler-0.6.0.linux-x86_64.tar.gz, which I untarred from the root directory.  At no point did I see a requirement/prerequisite of Cheetah.Template (not on the website, not in the .tar.gz file, not during the build phase).  When I ran the "cobbler check" command, and I got the failure, is when I discovered that something was missing.

RHEL and Fedora express package dependencies in RPMs, so if you don't
build from the RPMs, you will get burned.

If you look at http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/ there are source
RPMs there.     You can make an installable RPM from a src RPM using
rpmbuild.

Or you could just add EPEL 5 as a repository and all of this is done for
you with your package install tool.

If you build from Cobbler's source, you type "make" and make outputs an rpm.