[et-mgmt-tools] Xen System builds using Koan

Jason Hartley jason at 3dogs.us
Mon Aug 27 23:52:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, August 27, 2007 10:29 am, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>
>> I would first get the cobbler && koan from EPEL testing. They are
>> updated and fix a lot of bugs from the EPEL-stable version.
>>

> Exactly what I was going to say :)
>
> 0.6.0 is out now, and I'll be releasing 0.6.1 (a few more refinements)
> later this week.
> 0.4.x is pretty old.
>
> --Michael

  Thanks, Michael.  Through trail and error I discovered that Cobbler/Koan
did not like me using a DNS name for the system name to build a Xen VM.
When I used a MAC address for the system it worked just fine.  I should
have yielded to the advice in the man pages and just used a MAC.
  Also, thanks for the heads up on 0.6.0.  Along with the bug fixes it
looks to have some neat features including an increased number of
builtin variables, along with the kickstart snippets that I can use for
kickstart templates.  When will 0.6.0 be moved over to the standard EPEL
repo?

Regards,
Jason