[et-mgmt-tools] ANNOUNCE: virt-top 0.3.2.5 released

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Aug 30 17:29:31 UTC 2007

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Tom Georgoulias wrote:
>> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>> I'm pleased to announce a new release of virt-top, which is a utility
>>> like 'top' that works for virtual machines.  Many keys and command
>>> line options are the same as for ordinary top.
>>
>>> Source and binaries for several architectures available from:
>>>   http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top/download.html
>>
>> The RHEL5 RPM on the download page is for the RHEL5.1 beta, right?
>
> That RPM should (about 99% certain) work on RHEL 5 GA.

I asked that because tried installing it on one of my RHEL5 servers and
it didn't work at all.  When I run virt-top, the terminal kinda
"flashes" and returns a prompt.

[root at rvrt001d ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)
[root at rvrt001d ~]# rpm -q virt-top
virt-top-0.3.2.5-1
[root at rvrt001d ~]# rpm -q libvirt
libvirt-0.1.8-15.el5

libvirt for RHEL 5.0 is older than the 0.2.1 you mentioned on the
download page, and the RHEL5 beta on RHN has 0.2.3-4.
--
Tom Georgoulias
Sr. Systems Engineer
tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com