[et-mgmt-tools] solaris virt-install patches

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 10:54:26 UTC 2007

Mark Johnson wrote:
> from conversation on #xen.... current Solaris virt-install patches attached.
>
> Disclaimers :-)
>   This are informational only (e.g. not proposing they be applied)..
>   They still need cleanup etc.. These patches are what are in the
>     current solaris builds.
>   We are currently still working on the lastest version of virt-install.

Hi Mark,

It was a bit hard to read your patches because they weren't attached
with a text MIME-type.  Renaming them as '*.txt' or '*.patch', or
reconfiguring your MUA should fix that.

mac-address-parse:  Looks fine

use-virsh-console:  Sensible patch

outgoing:
This patch seems to be corrupt in some way.  A diff of a diff?

solaris-support:

Solaris puts the Python interpreter in /bin instead of /usr/bin.  This
will break things on Linux so we should fix this so it can find the
Python interpreter along the path.  No idea how to fix this with Python
but I'm sure there's a standard way involving 'env' or something similar.

The rest of the patch looks sensible.  In general all this code needs
rewriting to support capabilities and the storage API (once that's in
libvirt), but for a fix now it's fine.

Rich.