[et-mgmt-tools] koan build and ip address/hostname

Dave Hatton lists at davehatton.it
Wed Dec 12 12:05:49 UTC 2007

I'm using LiveCD/Koan to build a target server against a cobbler server
without DHCP

If I use

cobbler system add --name=koantest --mac=00:0c:29:20:9f:b5
--ip=172.16.35.169 --hostname=koantest --profile=koantest
--kickstart=/var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts/koantest.ks

Should I expect the build process to automatically set the ip address
and hostname of the target server or should include code to handle this
using the variables $ip_address and $hostname in my ks.cfg?

Thanks

Dave Hatton