[et-mgmt-tools] Understand git pull

Dan swissslinky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:57:05 UTC 2007

Awesome, thanks Micheal!

I've quoted but changed the title, as it's kinda related ;-)

I get this problem now and again and being new to git I'm not too sure
what's going on. What does the following translate as?

-snip-
# git pull
remote: Generating pack...
remote: Done counting 67 objects.
Result has 53 objects.
remote: Deltifying 53 objects...
remote:  100% (53/53) done
Unpacking 53 objects...
 100% (53/53) done
* refs/remotes/[branch]: fast forward to branch 'devel' of
git://fedora/blah..
  old..new: ffd71b1..8e1b4b1
Updating ffd71b1..8e1b4b1
cobbler/webui/master.py: needs update
fatal: Entry 'cobbler/webui/master.py' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

-snip-

this was last night. Its happened before, so I've just left it and come
back to it later and its usually been fixed. This morning:

-snip
Updating ffd71b1..8e1b4b1
cobbler/webui/master.py: needs update
fatal: Entry 'cobbler/webui/master.py' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
-snip-

Dan
xx