[et-mgmt-tools] Re: problems with koan...

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 15:35:29 UTC 2007

John.Sanabria at ece.uprm.edu wrote:
>> There was a bug based on koan ignoring the RAM setting from cobbler,
>> though that was fixed a few releases ago.
>> Can you give me the output of "cobbler profile report" as well as "rpm
>> -q cobbler" and "rpm -q koan" ?
>>

> At 136.145.116.114 and remote site the output is:
>
> [root at dhcp-crl-116-78 ~]# rpm -q cobbler
> cobbler-0.3.9-1.fc6
> [root at dhcp-crl-116-78 ~]# rpm -q koan
> koan-0.2.5-1.fc6

John,

Those are up to date, which is good.

What may have happened, and this is very likely, is that you did not run
"cobbler sync" after making the profile change on the boot server, so
koan is requesting the old configuration still.   I would bet that if
you run "cobbler sync" on the server and then run koan again on the
remote it should work fine.

(Note that the new version of cobbler - 0.4.0, not yet released, will
not require running sync after these operations).