[et-mgmt-tools] specifying os-type and os-variant on the command line

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 20:28:48 UTC 2007

I have just added code that allows callers to specify os-type and
os-variant from the virt-install command line (the legal types are in
the header of FullVirtGuest.py). If the type is unspecified it will
default to Other/Other. The primary purpose of this code at the moment
is to allow users to control the acpi and apic "feature" settings for
fully virtualized guests, although I can imagine we might add other
os-specific settings later.

The changeset also allows callers to pass --noapic and --noacpi directly
from the virt-install command line, overriding the os-specific setting.

See
http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virtinst--devel?cs=23382c1d1495
for the code...

Take care,