[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager 0.3.0 can't see inactive vms?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 17:32:15 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Slightly off-topic since I am a Ubuntu user, but I was really keen to
test the new virt-manager support for activating inactive virtual
machines but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me in that
inactive virtual machines are not listed in the virt-manager window.

So far I've performed the following steps:

	i) Upgrade to Xen 3.0.4 from an earlier 3.0 Hg version
	ii) Install libvirt 0.1.11
	iii) Compile & install virt-inst 0.100.0
	iv) Compile & install virt-manager 0.3.0

Using virt-manager I can now view statistics from Dom0, but I don't get
anything listed under inactive virtual machines. If it helps, my
existing VM configurations are stored under /etc/xen (with the drive
images themselves under /var/xen/images) and I can manually start
inactive virtual machines using "xm create" from the command line, at
which point they appear in virt-manager as expected. Can anyone explain
what I have done wrong to prevent my inactive virtual machines from
appearing in virt-manager?

Many thanks,

Mark.