[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler repo add --local-file parameter

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 16:26:24 UTC 2007

My kickstart files are getting created with entries lilke this:

%post
wget
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cobbler_track/repo_mirror/fedoracore6-updates/config.repo
--output-document=/etc/yum.repos.d/.repo

(note the name of the output document).

My python is fairly weak, but it looks like what comes before ".repo"
should be given with the --local-file parameter to "cobbler repo add".
So I tried it:

  # cobbler repo add
--mirror=rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/
--name=fedoracore6-updates --local-file=local-updates
  this command doesn't take a parameter named '--local-file'
  # cobbler --help | grep 'repo add'
cobbler repo add --name=<string> --mirror=rsync://<address>
[--local-file=name]
cobbler repo add --name=<string> --mirror=user at address:/path
[--local-file=name]

What am I missing here?

The manpage also suggests that if --local-file is missing then the repo
won't be added to /etc/yum.repos.d, but from the above excerpt of the
kickstart file, that doesn't appear to be the case.

And whilst on the subject, the manpage doesn't mention anything about
creating the config.repo file.  I'm assuming that's something I have to
do manually after syncing the repository.  Correct?

(Centos 4.4 + cobbler-0.3.9-1 built from the src.rpm, if that's
relevant.)

James