[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler repo add --local-file parameter

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 16:47:08 UTC 2007

James Fidell wrote:
> My kickstart files are getting created with entries lilke this:
>
> %post
> wget
> http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cobbler_track/repo_mirror/fedoracore6-updates/config.repo
> --output-document=/etc/yum.repos.d/.repo
>
> (note the name of the output document).

Yeah, this is broken :)

What I should do is just not fill in a wget line to create the repo file
if you don't specify --local-filename to the "repo add" command.

Good catch!   I'll fix this for 0.4.0 (out next week).
> My python is fairly weak, but it looks like what comes before ".repo"
> should be given with the --local-file parameter to "cobbler repo add".
> So I tried it:
>
>   # cobbler repo add
> --mirror=rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/
> --name=fedoracore6-updates --local-file=local-updates
>   this command doesn't take a parameter named '--local-file'
>   # cobbler --help | grep 'repo add'
> cobbler repo add --name=<string> --mirror=rsync://<address>
> [--local-file=name]
> cobbler repo add --name=<string> --mirror=user at address:/path
> [--local-file=name]
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> The manpage also suggests that if --local-file is missing then the repo
> won't be added to /etc/yum.repos.d, but from the above excerpt of the
> kickstart file, that doesn't appear to be the case.

It's a bug in the manpage.   It's "--local-filename" apparently.  I'll
fix the docs here too.
> And whilst on the subject, the manpage doesn't mention anything about
> creating the config.repo file.  I'm assuming that's something I have to
> do manually after syncing the repository.  Correct?

Yep, this is what --local-filename is intended to do.   It makes sure
the kickstart creates the config.repo file (in this case,
local-updates.repo) in /etc/yum/repos.d on the newly provisioned target
system.   You are actually the first user of this feature (repo
mirroring) that I've heard of, other than myself, so I greatly
appreciate your helping to work out the kinks in this.    Thanks!