[et-mgmt-tools] [Fwd: Kickstart Tips and Tricks]

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:34:44 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com> wrote:

> drew einhorn wrote:
> > This paper suggests considering Kickstart Configurator (KC).

Anyhow, this is more on-topic for kickstart-list :)

Oops, sorry about that.

Think my current problem with a tool suggested in this paper needs
a note in the cobbler docs,  assuming I am not completey
misunderstanding the problem and barking up the wrong tree.

I this paper I learned about ksvalidator and decided to give it a try.

The only thing it complained about was the $yum_repo_stanza lines.
I had copied them from the sample configs without really understanding
them.  ksvalidator suckered me into deleteing them an breaking the
repo stuff that was working without any real thought on my part.

I believe cobbler expands the $yum_repo_stanza before kickstart
ever sees it.  And all complaints about it from ksvalidator should
be ignored.  Are there any similar situations that the naive user
should be warned about?

--
Drew Einhorn