[et-mgmt-tools] koan --virt error

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 14:48:13 UTC 2007

Hennessey Daniel wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply, you were spot on. I set the selinux policy
> to "permissive" in "system-config-security" and now all proceeds as
> expected. No reboot required.
>
> I can now install xen guests using koan.

Sure, this will be fixed and released shortly so you'll be able to leave
SELinux on. I'll send an email to the list once that's done.
I obviously don't want to imply everyone should run with SELinux off
just to get koan to work :)
> One problem I have now is that the install fails if I include the
> "xconfig" in the kickstart file as the xen instance doesn't have a
> graphical display.
>
> Does koan call virt-install to do the actual install? If it does then it
> is just a matter of including the "--vnc" switch in the command line.

It's using virtinst, which is the library behind the virt-install app.

> What do you suggest?

I'll see about adding a graphics option to koan.
As I was primarily targetting servers/datacenters, this was left out
originally, but it's easy to add and ought to be there.
> TIA and FYI I am really excited about the potential of using cobbler to
> provision our real and virtual servers. I am also trying to work in
> puppet for centralised configuration. This could be the answer to all my
> (and my employers) prayers.
>
> Exciting times indeed thanks to you and all the other OSS workers out
> there

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.