[et-mgmt-tools] overwriting a profile - desired?

Msquared cobbler at msquared.id.au
Fri Mar 2 07:29:47 UTC 2007

I notice that if I issue the same 'cobbler profile add' command a second
time, it overwrites the original entry it created, without warning or
confirmation.

While I can see how this might be useful while you're creating a profile
(oops, forgot to add an option, use command history to recall and edit the
command), I think this could otherwise be dangerous.

Perhaps cobbler should generate an error unless you issue '--force' on the
command line?

Regards, Msquared...