[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler check and atftpd

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 14:52:04 UTC 2007

Jim Wildman wrote:
> cobbler check incorrectly reports that
>
> #0: need to change field 'server_args' value to '-s /tftpboot' in file
> '/etc/xinetd.d/tftp'
>
> when running with atftp-server-0.7-5.2.el4.rf. This tftp server does
> not require (or accept) the -s.

Cobbler has been tested with tftp-server, so I would recommend ignoring
the warning, as it won't affect other cobbler commands. I don't foresee
any other problems coming up with atftpd... I'll look into better
detection of the tftp-server type in the future.

This check is basically there to alert the user if the tftp server
location in /var/lib/cobbler/settings (defaults to /tftpboot) does not
match what their tftp server is set up to for.
If your atftp is configured to use /tftpboot, and that's the value you
see in /var/lib/cobbler/settings, you should be good to go.

Thanks,

Michael