[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager new host overview & resources window

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 00:01:20 UTC 2007

I've just pushed a change to virt-manager to adds a new 'Host details'
window. Thing of it as the equivalent of 'Guest details', but giving info
about the host. It currently shows:

  - Hostname, hypervisor type, physical RAM, logical CPU count, CPU arch
  - Graphs of overall host CPU & memory usage (aggregate of all guest usage)
  - List of virtual networks & their configuration

To come later

  - Ability to create new virtual networks
  - Ability to edit / delete virtual networks
  - Storage pools.

In absence of libvirt having any storage APIs in the very short term I'm
just going to hardcode a single storage pool '/var/lib/xen/images' or
'/var/lib/qemu/images' or $HOME/.libvirt/qemu/images' as appropriate for
the HV being used. Instead of having people enter an explicit path to
create a disk image under, they'll just enter a name & select a storage
pool & we'll automatically create it in the correct place. This will avoid
all these SELinux issues with people picking random non-labelled directories.
When libvirt gets formal storage APIs, we'll be able to create / change
storage pools at will.

Attaching two screenshots of current state

Dan.