git port (was Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler bugfix "--repos" parameter on "profile add")

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 19:59:33 UTC 2007

Matt S [UNIX Administrator] wrote:
> My git clone attempt fails.
>
> git clone git://et.redhat.com/cobbler
> Initialized empty Git repository in /root/cobbler/.git/
> fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)

There is a chance there is a problem on our end, but as this is an
external server (even to me), I wouldn't think this would be the case.

Possibly a firewall is in the way?  The git port is 9418.

There is a way to pull git content over http:// that is less efficient,
though I'm not sure if that is enabled.  I'm checking on it.