[et-mgmt-tools] Want to install EL5 via xen.

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Fri Mar 30 13:59:22 UTC 2007

Deependra Shekhawat wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have installed EL5 via xen. Now I wanted to try cobbler + koan to
> install EL5. Somewhat like un-attended virtual machine installation. I
> have installed cobbler and koan from the python code. I did 'cobbler
> check' and it only said about /etc/dhcpd.conf. It says to include
> next-servers line. But why I need it when I have DHCP on the same server
> as I have xen, cobbler and koan. Other things are setup well.
> But now I don't know how do I proceed. If someone have been through this
> thing please help.

 From 'man dhcpd.conf'
The next-server statement:
The next-server statement is used to specify the host address of the
server from which the initial boot file (specified in the filename
statement) is to be loaded. Server-name should be a numeric IP address
or a domain name. If no next-server parameter applies to a given client,
the DHCP server's IP address is used.

To summarize, you could leave it null if your dhcp/pxe server are the
same, else mention the IP address of the pxe server. If cobbler insists
on the next-server line, then try using your local IP address.