[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler git: multiple interface system edit cleanup

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 17:27:03 UTC 2007

Al Tobey wrote:
> I got distracted by the multiple interface system edit screen and
> decided to clean it up a bit.   A patch and partial screenshot are
> attached.
Nice...

I do like the boxes and not repeating the tooltips for the later interfaces.

> The javascript is a lot less complex.   The screen looks a lot more
> useable for the common case now.    The help text is hidden for
> interfaces > 0, which saves a ton of vertical space.   Each interface
> is in its own fieldset element now, which groups it better IMO.
> Configured interfaces are displayed by default.
>
> I took out the image-based +/- for now, but it can go back if people
> really like it better.   I only changed it to simplify things while
> hacking.  Most of the stuff in cobbler.js can go away if this approach
> is taken instead.

Well, Cobbler.js is going to stay.   The point is to get the javascript
code pulled out of the templates
as much as possible, so it can be read all in one place, and we don't
have things copy/pasted everywhere
when they are more generically useful.  Ideally the javascript code in
this patch would be moved there.

A few things I'd like to see done before I can apply this:

-- Have you tested this in MSIE?
-- Put back the +/- graphics
-- Fix mixed tabs/spaces

Thanks!