[et-mgmt-tools] [ANNOUNCE] Cobbler 0.6.4 (bugfixes)

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 19:52:33 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

There were a few bugs in Cobbler 0.6.3 that warranted a new release.
If you are running 0.6.3, you will want to upgrade to 0.6.4.   If you're
still on 0.6.2,  there's no pressing need, but that release is still
over a month old, so I would recommend it, though it is less important.

Basically 0.6.4 contains fixes to the handling of yum repositories
discovered during Cobbler import and also fixes a bug in the sync logic
that results in kickstart URLs and metadata being mismatched between
profiles and systems.

Due to popular demand (and a lot of larger features on the pipe), new
features will go into the 0.7.X branch (to be established shortly),
while I will maintain 0.6.X for bugfixes.  I don't expect the 0.6.X to
be changed much,
and only major fixes will be applied to 0.6.X.

http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/cobbler-0.6.4-2.src.rpm

Koan does not need to be updated.... Pushing to mirrors shortly.