[et-mgmt-tools] Problems adding/removing profiles/systems

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 16:11:11 UTC 2007

Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry to be causing a lot of noise on here but once i get the basics i
> think i'll be quiet!
>
> I appear to have done something wrong, i am trying to add systems
> using variables. Anyhow i have put everything back to how it was (when
> it worked) i have only been editing my .ks's and trying to add a few
> systems.
>
> Anyhow whenever i do anything to my system now i am left with the the
> following. Can anyone help me 'reset' things as a cobbler sync blows
> up with the following.
>
> thanks for any pointers to debug these things!
>
> tom

Tom,

Looks like you've had a fun week.   :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "adding systems using variables".

Anyhow, it looks like you've added some junk to your cobbler data files
somehow, and now they aren't formatted correctly.   I'm not sure if you
hand edited them or just managed to trick the CLI into adding things to
them, but the easiest way to fix things is...

rm /var/lib/cobbler/distros
rm /var/lib/cobbler/profiles
rm /var/lib/cobbler/systems
rm /var/lib/cobbler/repos

This will erase your current cobbler configuration and allow you to
start over.    You might want to consider keeping backups of
/var/lib/cobbler.

If you think this is something you've managed to do with the CLI and not
by hand-editing the files, you may want to send me a copy of those files
off list and maybe I can figure out what happened to them.