[et-mgmt-tools] koan-0.6.3-3.el4.mrh - kix templating - network rebuilt issue

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 21:17:40 UTC 2007

Tom Brown wrote:

>> Cobbler renders it's kickstart template output in
>> /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts and/or kickstarts_sys depending on
>> whether you're talking about a profile or kickstart level of evaluation.
>>
>> Look in those directories and see if the kickstarts match what you
>> expect them to look like.
>>

> the kickstarts in /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts/<profilename>/ are what
> i would expect them to be yes - A new install or reinstall works as it
> should its just when using koan to rebuild to a different profile,
> that shows as valid in a koan -l, that causes this issue of halting
> waiting for manual IP configuration.
>
> thanks

Ah, simple then.

It sounds like you've assigned your IP's and network info to system
objects, and are passing a /profile/ name to koan, perhaps?

This means that the profile object itself has no idea what those
variables should be.

Try passing in the system instead, or optionally use a DHCP kickstart
for profile based deployments.   (Using Cheetah games, if you like, you
can detect that the ip isn't set and fall back to DHCP... though
I'm not sure if you want that.   I'm throwing it out there though).