[et-mgmt-tools] koan-0.6.3-3.el4.mrh - kix templating - network rebuilt issue

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Mon Nov 26 21:35:58 UTC 2007

> Ah, simple then.
>
> It sounds like you've assigned your IP's and network info to system
> objects, and are passing a /profile/ name to koan, perhaps?
>
> This means that the profile object itself has no idea what those
> variables should be.
>
> Try passing in the system instead, or optionally use a DHCP kickstart
> for profile based deployments.   (Using Cheetah games, if you like,
> you can detect that the ip isn't set and fall back to DHCP... though
> I'm not sure if you want that.   I'm throwing it out there though).

to install a box i 'add a system' yes and this is given network
information and all works fine. On the reinstall using koan i pass the
-p <profilename> so that the box gets rebuilt to a different profile, ie
in my case different OS version. Is that what you suspect i'm doing and
is that 'wrong' ?

I am afraid i dont get what you mean regarding passing this to the
system as when the box is first installed it is assigned to the system?

thanks for any ideas