[et-mgmt-tools] koan-0.6.3-3.el4.mrh - kix templating - network rebuilt issue

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Mon Nov 26 22:34:00 UTC 2007

> Good deal.
>
> I'd suggest writing a minimal script that calls the cobbler edit
> command locally, and then runs koan on the remote system as:
>
> koan --replace-self --server=bootserver.example.org (no arguments)
>
> then reboots the box.

would there be any chance the functionality of using the contents of
kickstart_sys for rebuilding using koan rather than kickstart? Alas
things are not as simple as scripting a cobbler edit as once deployed
into the stack, these machines are basically application stacks, then
when and what they get rebuilt to is handled by another process that is
local to a box on the stack and so only has access to koan. It seems to
me that koan/cobbler has the info available to it, ie kickstart_sys,
however it seems to not make use of it?

thanks