[et-mgmt-tools] Thoughts on Cobbler authorization/authentication and access levels in your organization?

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 28 23:40:16 UTC 2007

Michael,

While things are floating across my mind...

I know I've heard mention of a SQL backend for the configuration.
That's pretty much a requirement for me as I need to duplicate the
service (2 boxes) for that disaster recovery policy.  My shared storage
is AFS (mostly) which..well..likes to eat files that two servers/people
are editing at the same time.  And bdb just falls on its face.  Who
needs POSIX?

I'm really using Cobbler to glue together a lot of pre-existing
services: profile management, yum repos, web apps that collect/display
status information, etc.  Its been fun so far...now to find more time.
:-)

Jack
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>