[et-mgmt-tools] Thoughts on Cobbler authorization/authentication and access levels in your organization?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 15:27:45 UTC 2007

Jack Neely wrote:
> Michael,
>
> While things are floating across my mind...
>
> I know I've heard mention of a SQL backend for the configuration.
> That's pretty much a requirement for me as I need to duplicate the
> service (2 boxes) for that disaster recovery policy.  My shared storage
> is AFS (mostly) which..well..likes to eat files that two servers/people
> are editing at the same time.  And bdb just falls on its face.  Who
> needs POSIX?

I haven't been all that happy with the bdb/gdb/shelve prototype module
myself, namely, I've seen it
glitch once and that makes me not trust it.

While I was hoping to get out of schema writing/updating, it seems
that's going to be important.

Thanks for bringing this up again... I'll resurrect plans in that area.