[et-mgmt-tools] koan-0.6.3-3.el4.mrh - kix templating - network rebuilt issue

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Fri Nov 30 10:56:56 UTC 2007

> I've applied Al Tobey's --autonet patch to koan upstream.
>
> This seems like it will fix your problem for profile based reinstalls,
> because it will add in the IP info on the kernel command line based on
> what you are currently using.
>
> Might be worth checking out.   You should be able to use koan 0.6.4
> from git with your existing Cobbler install.

thanks for the effort here - alas it does not work for me as it makes
grub look like this

kernel /vmlinuz ro root=LABEL=/1 ksdevice=eth0 lang= kssendmac syslog=19
2.168.10.4:25150 text ks=file:ks.cfg ip=$ip_address netmask=$subnet
hostname=$ho
stname nameserver=$nameserver gateway=$gateway

So its not getting the values, its getting the info from the ks template
- Is there no way to get these values from the currently running OS ?

thanks