[et-mgmt-tools] Virt-manager: 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 fail in Fedora 7

Lawrence Nitz lnitz at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 19 09:37:30 UTC 2007

I installed virt-manager 5.0 (and subsequent editions) to take advantage
of the new options to change CDs, and to add CD drives to existing guest
machines.

Each of these versions had fewer working features than the 4.x shipped
with Fedora 7--There was no button to create a new machine, a grayed-out
button to start an old machine, and so forth.

Q: Did I fail in installation, leaving out some critical component?
Q  Are these versions only partial trials, testing specific operations,
but not containing all the features and commands of the older 0.4.x
version?
Q: Will any of them control VMs, or must I reinstall 0.4.x of
virt-manager to get a complete control panel?

Thanks,  Larry Nitz