[et-mgmt-tools] koan --virt: lvm support

Johan Huysmans johan.huysmans at inuits.be
Tue Sep 4 17:46:50 UTC 2007

well... it is possible ;)
because we are allready doing this for over a year.

And the installation is quite simple:
* you create your logical volumes in the dom0 and mount them
* you install a minimal system with yum --installroot=
* you create a xen config where you map the logical volumes to the
partition inside the domU.

The installation instructions can be found on my blog:
http://www.raskas.be/blog/howtos/centos-base-image/

And this is how the disk section of my xen config looks like:
disk = ['phy:vm_volumes/root-host1,sda1,w'
        ,'phy:vm_volumes/swap-host1,sda2,w'
        ,'phy:vm_volumes/tmp-host1,sda3,w'
        ,'phy:vm_volumes/varlog-host1,sda6,w'
        ,'phy:vm_volumes/home-host1,sda7,w'
        ]

It would be really great if this would be possible to do with koan,
for now we do this with our own create vhost script.

Greetings,
Johan