[et-mgmt-tools] FW: Help with cobbler for dummies...

Maute, Kevin P CTR AFRL/VAOO Kevin.Maute at WPAFB.AF.MIL
Wed Sep 5 14:34:24 UTC 2007

Michael,

Following up on a private email from a while back:

> >> I remember also why I deviated from the dhcp.template
> method.  When I
> >> put in a default entry per the man page i.e.
> >>
> >>  cobbler system add --name=default --profile=RHEL5-x86_64
> >>
> >> Followed by a
> >>
> >>  cobbler sync
> >>
> >> builds dhhpd.conf with a line: hardware ethernet None; line which
> >>
> > dhcpd
> >
> >> chokes on
> >>

> > I've fixed that upstream (git repo) for 0.6.1, which will probably
> > release next week. If you make sure all your system entries
> are named
> > after a mac
> > address of give an argument of --mac, that won't happen in 0.6.

I have rebuilt the box cobbler lives on and this appears to have come
back.  I did repopulate the new setup with old files from
/var/lib/cobbler & /etc/cobbler :-)

When cobbler expands $insert_cobbler_system_definitions I get 2 host
generic entries which still have the invalid entry.  How best can I fix
this?

Thanks,
Kevin