[et-mgmt-tools] Next challenge - anaconda confusion

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 19:31:05 UTC 2007

Maute, Kevin P CTR AFRL/VAOO wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am still struggling to get back to what I had earlier… Now I am
> getting the following error:
>
> Unable to read package metadata. This may br due to a missing repodata
> directory. Please ensure that your install tree has been correctly
> generated. Cannot open/read repod.xml file for repository:
> anaconda-base-200702081643.x86_64
>
> I have even rebuilt the RHEL5 Client repo with no change so am I
> missing a createrepo somewhere or is this a known bug with cobbler
> (0.6.1)? I am also including a 'cobbler report' in case that helps…

There isn't a Cobbler bug as we have several folks using the repo
management features with 0.6.1 ... there's not quite enough information
to say what the actual case is. I hcan't quite tell /which/ repo you are
talking about, what the source for that repo is, or the parameters that
created it. If you are still talking about the manual "cobbler repo
adds" you used to create the RHEL5 install, you might want to reimport
the distro (cobbler import -- and yes, you can import over an existing
one) and it will set them up automatically as "source" repos, which are
static and don't need to be updated -- therefore you don't need to use
"cobbler repo add" to set them up (you can "cobbler repo remove" the
ones you have and clean out their storage in
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror). As I recall you had added them manually,
and those are the repos you used (stuff off the install CD), that's the
way they are designed to work for distros that have the split layout
(like RHEL5).

If this is instead talking about an updates repository, etc, disregard
the above.