[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler-koan: installer asks for ip, netmask, gateway, dns

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 14:43:49 UTC 2007

Adam Rosenwald wrote:
> Strictly speaking, our question belongs on the kickstart mailing list;
> however, this whole process falls within the context of provisioning
> virtual systems within cobbler.  Thx,
>
> -A.

Yes, I'd take this up with kickstart-list if you are having problems
configuring static IP's.

You said:  "This leads me to believe that there must be additional
kernel options not mentioned in the documentation "

I really doubt it, though it's hard to tell what's going on just from
your email.   I would take this up with kickstart-list at redhat.com as
networking setups do come up there quite a lot.  I've also created a
Google search engine for it here that turns up a lot of threads on the
subject
of static IP configuration ...
http://google.com/coop/cse?cx=016811804524159694721%3A1h7btspnxtu

If you can't find an answer, you could also boot DHCP and just use the
kickstart to configure the static configuration, or you could
also use DHCP reservations for IP assignment (which cobbler makes quite
easy to handle with manage_dhcp enabled).