[et-mgmt-tools] ANNOUNCE: virt-top 0.3.2.7 released

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Thu Sep 20 13:23:48 UTC 2007

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I've put up x86-64 (64 bit) binaries compiled on RHEL 5.
>
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top/download.html
>
> Note that you _will_ need libvirt >= 0.2.1, and that can be a problem if
> you are using RHEL 5 GA because I believe that shipped with libvirt
> 0.1.8.  We require features from libvirt >= 0.2.1 so it's not likely
> that we'll ever backport to an older version.
>
> Source RPMs are here.  On RHEL 5 GA they need to be compiled in the
> order: dnsmasq, libvirt, ocaml, ocaml-findlib, ocaml-extlib,
> ocaml-curses, ocaml-csv, ocaml-xml-light, ocaml-libvirt (this will
> become much simpler in future):
>
> http://www.annexia.org/tmp/r5/

i already recompile all dependencies from fedora for the previous
version, but while the previso version works on rhel5 this doesn't seems:
[root at kvm ~]# /usr/bin/virt-top --connect qemu:///system
libvir: error : this function is not supported by the hypervisor:
virConnectGetHostname
Fatal error: exception Libvirt.Virterror(3, 0, _, 2, _, 0, _, _, 0, _, _, 0)
[root at kvm ~]# rpm -q libvirt
libvirt-0.3.2-2
ps. and anyway the src.rpm for virt-top-0.3.2.7-1 still missing:-(