[et-mgmt-tools] Reminder about where you're getting your Cobbler

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 18:30:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

So I've seen a lot of questions today on IRC and email from things that
look like older versions of Cobbler.
Many questions raised have been things that are new features (or
changes) that are present in newer versions.
So, upgrading would solve a lot :)

The best place to get the latest Cobbler is always going to be Fedora
(via yum) or EPEL testing (which also
works for yum).    Use the following URL as the mirrors may not in sync:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/

If you are using Centos Extras, you have some fairly old bits and should
also look into using the above repos,
which are compatible.

EPEL testing doesn't mean the code is "testing" grade, it just means I
can update it as needed as opposed to
whenever the EPEL maintainers decide to move packages over from testing
(this used to be about quarterly,
not sure what it is now).

Thanks!