[et-mgmt-tools] WebUI issue

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Sep 27 11:14:17 UTC 2007

Matthias Saou wrote :

> Michael DeHaan wrote :
>
> > This is fixed in the patch I linked earlier today.
> > Namely, there was a stray "#" in one of the templates.
> > If you want to pull from git and retest this should be happy now.
> >
> > Appreciate the help in looking things over.
>
> The code I got from git when you wrote that this problem should have
> been fixed is still wrong. Apart from the s/random#/random/, you also
> moved the #end back to its own line, but "#end" isn't correct, it needs
> to be "#end if" for it to work apparently (I've just tested this).

Replying to myself, but...

With this now fixed, I get the ADD->SYSTEM page to display, but when I
click on the "random" link for the MAC address, the field gets filled
up with HTML code.

Then when I enter a MAC address myself, and try to save, I get a page
with this at the bottom :

fault- <fault 1- "cobbler.cexceptions.cx-\\\'queried object has no
field- mac\\\'">\\n args =\\n()\\n
      faultcode =\\n1\\n
      faultstring =\\n"cobbler.cexceptions.cx-\\\'queried object has no
field- mac\\\'"\\n\\n\\n\''>

Also, when I tried earlier to edit an existing SYSTEM I had added with
the command-line, to remove the IP address I had set, it wouldn't go
away. Same for the hostname for instance.

Right now, these errors seem to have broken my setup pretty badly,
since the system I added above got this in the "systems" file :

    mac_address: "AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF\n<table width="100%" cellspa[...]

(one very long line containing the HTML of the whole page of the
'queried object has no field- mac\\\' error)

Ouch! :-)

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.05 0.22 0.30