[et-mgmt-tools] Starting again with a new cobbler server

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:56:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com> wrote:
> drew einhorn wrote:
>
> > I am building a new cobbler server, going back to the beginning
> > and starting form scratch.
> >
> > The links from the "Source RPM Build Instructions for RHEL5"
> > section of the download page are broken.
> >

>  So they are.   Thankfully these are in EPEL now so I can update the
> links/instructions.  Will do.
>
>  That's really all you have to do to install as well -- just configure your
> system to use EPEL as a yum repo
>  and "yum install cobbler".   There's not really a need to rebuild the
> source RPMs unless you are doing development on them.

yum-utils is not found in CentOS5 EPEL, unless I am looking in the wrong place.

We do have:

    yum-utils.                   noarch    1.0.4-3.el5.centos.2   base

in the CentOS 5.1 base distro.

And there is no python-setuputils in EPEL, there is:

    python-setuptools  	0.6c7  	1.el5  	src  	261 KiB  	Fri Sep 14 16:21:06 2007

Both of the above are working for me, so far.

The cheetah from EPEL

    python-cheetah  	2.0.1  	1.el5  	src  	214 KiB  	Tue Jan 22 15:13:20 2008

does appear to be newer than the one I earlier snagged from the dag repo

    python-cheetah          .i386        2.0-0.1.rc8.el5.rf        dag

This is the first time I have used anything from the EPEL repo.
I have been leery of the EPEL repo, since there was a time, not long ago,
when their packagers were blatantly refusing to cooperate with other
repos on compatibility issues.  I hope times have changed.

--
Drew Einhorn